Youth and Family
At a time when families are breaking down at rates higher than ever before, we are committed to helping families stay together in loving and safe homes. Where this is not possible, we provide therapeutic out-of-home-care services and programs using evidence-based approaches.
Crisis and Outreach Support
Our crisis and outreach support services are designed to be flexible and responsive to the needs of families and children. We work with you to understand your unique circumstances and provide support that is tailored to your needs and goals.
If you or someone you know is in need of crisis and outreach support services for child safety in Queensland, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is here to provide support and guidance to help you navigate the challenges you are facing and ensure the safety and wellbeing of your children.
Our crisis and outreach support services include:
- Crisis Intervention: We provide immediate support and assistance to families who are experiencing a crisis situation, including domestic violence, substance abuse, and mental health issues.
- Family Support: We work with families to provide practical support and guidance, including parenting skills, household management, and budgeting.
- Case Management: We work with families to develop a plan to address their needs and goals, and we provide ongoing support to ensure that the plan is implemented effectively.
- Referrals: We connect families to a range of other services and supports, including health services, education, housing, and employment.
Programs and Mentoring
We provide specialised, evidence-based programs and mentoring programs for children, young people and their families in schools, in-home and in community.
Our programs are tailored for focus areas such as:
- Transition to supported independent living
- Life-skills programming
- In-school mentoring
- Youth Justice (guiding young people through the transitios from detention-transition-reintegration)
Research and Evaluation
Research and best practice approaches underpin our work, so we have an internal team of researchers who work alongside universities to ensure our practice is evaluated and effective.
Our MANA Research Centre has published research across:
- Public Health
- Youth Justice
- Culture and Identity
- Community Development